Job satisfaction among dental therapists in South Africa
Article first published online: 8 AUG 2012
© 2012 American Association of Public Health Dentistry
Journal of Public Health Dentistry
Volume 74, Issue 1, pages 28–33, Winter 2014
How to Cite
Singh, P. K. (2014), Job satisfaction among dental therapists in South Africa. Journal of Public Health Dentistry, 74: 28–33. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-7325.2012.00363.x
- Issue published online: 3 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 8 AUG 2012
- Received: 1/5/2012; accepted: 7/11/2012.
- 1Statistics South Africa. Mid-year population estimates. 2011. [cited 2011 July]. Available from: http://www.statssa.gov.za/publications/PO3022011.pdf
- 3National human resources plan for oral health: is it feasible? SADJ. 2007;62:360-4..
- 5Health Professions Council of South Africa. Number of registered health care practitioners. 2010. [cited 2011]. Available from: http://www.hpcsa.co.za/
- 6The dental therapy profession in South Africa: a survey and evaluation 1967 – 1992. SADJ. 1993;48:617-22..
- 7Union of South Africa. Extension of university act. No 45 of 1959, Pretoria: Government Printer; 1959.
- 8Profile of the dental therapy graduate at the University of KwaZulu-Natal. S Afr Dent J. 2011;66(10):468-74..
- 9Mid-level workers in South Africa – not an easy option. In: Ijumba P, Barron P, editors. South African health review. Durban: Health Systems Trust; 2005. p. 148-59..
- 10Department of Health. A national human resources for health planning framework. Pretoria: Government Printer; 2006.
- 12Research methods in education. 6th ed. Oxon: Routledge; 2007., , .
- 13Foundations of mixed methods research: integrating quantitative and qualitative approaches in the social and behavioural sciences. Thousand Oaks: Sage; 2009., .
- 14Health Professions Council of South Africa. Annual report 2008/2009. 2009. [cited 2010]. Available from: http://www.hpcsa.co.za/
- 15The nature and causes of job satisfaction. In: Dunnette MD, editor. Handbook of industrial and organization psychology. Chicago: Rand McNally; 1976. p. 1297-349..
- 17Levels of career satisfaction among dental healthcare professionals: comparison of dental therapists, dental hygienists and dental practitioners. Community Dent Health. 2001;18(3):17-26., .
- 18A comparison of career satisfaction amongst dental professionals across three health care systems: comparative data from the United Kingdom, New Zealand and Trinidad and Tobago. BMC Health Serv Res. 2006. Available from: http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6963/6/32, , .