See The Human Cloning Prohibition Act of 2003, HR 234; and The Human Cloning Prohibition Act of 2001, HR 2505, which would make it a crime, punishable by a $1 million fine and up to 10 years in prison, for anyone knowingly (1) to perform or attempt to perform human cloning, whether reproductive cloning or research cloning; (2) to participate in an attempt to perform human cloning; or (3) to ship or receive for any purpose an embryo produced by human cloning or any product derived from such embryo.
Integrating Bioethics into Clinical and Translational Science Research: A Roadmap
Article first published online: 21 MAY 2008
© 2008 Blackwell Publishing, Inc.
Clinical and Translational Science
Volume 1, Issue 1, pages 67–70, May 2008
How to Cite
Shapiro, R. S. and Layde, P. M. (2008), Integrating Bioethics into Clinical and Translational Science Research: A Roadmap. Clinical and Translational Science, 1: 67–70. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-8062.2008.00005.x
See, e.g., Calif. Health and Safety Code sec. 24185 (prohibits cloning of human beings and sale and purchase of ovum, zygote, embryo, or fetus for the purpose of cloning a human being); La. Rev. Stat., title 40, sect. 1299.36.2 (prohibits cloning of human being, attempts to clone human being, and sale or purchase of ovum, zygote, embryo, or fetus with the intent to clone a human being; does not prohibit “scientific research or a cell based therapy not specifically prohibited elsewhere by this Part”); Mich. Comp. Laws Ann., chp. 333, sec. 333.16274 (prohibits human cloning and attempts to engage in human cloning); Gen. Laws of R.I. Ann., title 23, sect. 23–16.4–2 (prohibits cloning of human beings); and Va. Code Ann., sect. 32.1–162.22 (prohibits human cloning and implantation or attempt to implant product of somatic cell nuclear transfer into uterine environment so as to initiate pregnancy).
- Issue published online: 21 MAY 2008
- Article first published online: 21 MAY 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!