Training NIH K Award Recipients: The Role of the Mentor
Version of Record online: 7 AUG 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Clinical and Translational Science
Volume 5, Issue 5, pages 386–393, October 2012
How to Cite
Ripley, E., Markowitz, M., Nichols-Casebolt, A., Williams, L. and Macrina, F. (2012), Training NIH K Award Recipients: The Role of the Mentor. Clinical and Translational Science, 5: 386–393. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-8062.2012.00436.x
- Issue online: 16 OCT 2012
- Version of Record online: 7 AUG 2012
- 1Effective Teaching and Mentoring: Realizing the Transformational Power of AdultLearning Experiences . San Francisco : Jossey-Bass Inc; 1986..
- 9A Guide to Training and Mentoring in the Intramural Research Program at NIH. Available at: http://sourcebook.od.nih.gov/ethic-conduct/mentor-guide.htmResponsibility. Accessed November 18, 2011.
- 13NIH Extramural Training: Career Development Awards (K Awards) for Individuals with a Health-Professional Doctorate Available at: http://grants.nih.gov/training/kawardhp.htm. Accessed September 2, 2011.
- 14Mail and Internet Surveys . 2nd edition. Hoboken , New Jersey : John Wiley; 2007..
- 16NIH Office of Extramural Research. National Institute of Health (NIH) Extramural Data Book Fiscal Year 2008. 2008. Available from: http://report.nih.gov/ndb/pdf/ndb_2008_Final.pdf. Accessed August 31, 2011.
- 17New and Early Stage Investigator Policies Available at: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/new_investigators. Accessed August 31, 2011.
- 18National Institutes of Health Individual Mentored Career Development Awards Program. 2011. Available from: http://grants.nih.gov/training/K_Awards_Evaluation_FinalReport_20110901.pdf. Accessed February 7, 2012.
- 22Who Are We? Available at: http://nexus.od.nih.gov/all/2011/06/23/who-are-we/. Accessed August 31, 2011.
- 23Mentoring at Work: Developmental Relationships in Organizational Life . Glenview , IL : Scott Foreman; 1985..
- 25Education in the Responsible Conduct of Research. The Physiologist. 2004; 37: 149-152-155., , .
- 28Final Report on Three Focus Groups with Early Career Clinical Researchers About the K23 Award Program. 2001. Available from: http://grants.nih.gov/training/k23_report.pdf. Accessed September 1, 2011., , .
- 29RFA-RM-09-004: Institutional Clinical and Translational Science Award (U54) Available at: http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-RM-09-004.html. Accessed March 7, 2012.