Editorial: Non-medical prescribing: where are we?
Article first published online: 15 AUG 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Journal of Nursing and Healthcare of Chronic Illness
Volume 2, Issue 3, pages 175–177, September 2010
How to Cite
Courtenay, M. (2010), Editorial: Non-medical prescribing: where are we?. Journal of Nursing and Healthcare of Chronic Illness, 2: 175–177. doi: 10.1111/j.1752-9824.2010.01059.x
- Issue published online: 15 AUG 2010
- Article first published online: 15 AUG 2010
- 2006) Attitudes towards, and information needs in relation to supplementary nurse prescribing in the UK: an empirical study. Journal of Clinical Nursing 15, 22–28. , & (
- 2007) Impact of nurse prescribing: a qualitative study. Journal of Advanced Nursing 59, 120–128. & (
- 2001) The patients’ view: the benefits and limitations of nurse prescribing. British Journal of Community Nursing 6, 342–348. , , , & (
- 2009) Stakeholder views on the implementation of nurse prescribing in dermatology services. Journal of Clinical Nursing 19, 498–506. , & (
- 20092011) Developing Multi-Professional Prescribing. Surrey University, Guildford. (
- 2008) Nurse independent prescribing and nurse supplementary prescribing: findings from a national questionnaire survey. Journal of Advanced Nursing 61, 291–299. & (
- 2009) Nurse prescribing by children’s nurses: views of doctors and clinical leads in one specialist children’s hospital. Journal of Clinical Nursing 18, 2668–2675. & (
- 2009) A survey of therapy areas in which nurses prescribe and CPD needs. Nurse Prescribing 7, 255–262. & (
- 2009) Nurses’ and doctors’ views about the prescribing programme. Nurse Prescribing 7, 412–417. , & (
- DoH (2001) Patients to Get Quicker Access to Medicines (Press Release). DoH, London.
- DoH (2002) Supplementary Prescribing. DoH, London.
- DoH (2005) Written Ministerial Statement on the Expansion of Independent Nurse Prescribing and Introduction of Pharmacists Independent Prescribing. DoH, London.
- DoH (2009) Ahps and Medicine Supply Mechanisms Scoping Project. DoH, London.
- 2009) National Independent Evaluation of the Nurse and Midwife Prescribing Initiative. University College Dublin, Dublin. , , , , , , & (
- 2006) Why don’t trained community nurse prescribers prescribe? Journal of Clinical Nursing 15, 403–412. , & (
- 2003) Mental health service users’ views of nurse prescribing. Nurse Prescribing 1, 78–85. (
- Home office (2007) Supplementary Prescribing Of CDs by Nurses and Pharmacists. HO, London.
- 2007) Mental health nurse supplementary prescribing: experiences of mental health nurses, psychiatrists and patients. Journal of Advanced Nursing 59, 499–496. , , , & (
- 2009) Nurse prescribing: the next steps. Nursing Standard, 14th July. (
- MHRA (2009) Revised Statement on Medical and Non-Medical Prescribing and Mixing Medicines in Clinical Practice. MHRA, London.
- 2008) Introducing nurse prescribing in a memory clinic. Dementia 7, 139–160. , & (