Benjamin M. Kozak, Melissa Y. Tjota, and Kelly L. Close are of Close Concerns (http://www.closeconcerns.com), a healthcare information company focused exclusively on diabetes and obesity care. Close Concerns publishes Diabetes Close Up and Closer Look, periodicals that bring together news and insights in these areas. Each quarter, the Journal of Diabetes includes this News feature, in which Chang, Kozak, and Close review the latest developments relevant to researchers and clinicians. Readers of Journal of Diabetes involved in the clinical care of patients with diabetes (including students and educators) may request a complimentary 1-year subscription to Close Concerns’ monthly newsletter, Diabetes Close Up (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Journal of Diabetes NEWS
Article first published online: 20 FEB 2011
© 2011 Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine and Blackwell Publishing Asia Pty Ltd
Journal of Diabetes
Volume 3, Issue 1, pages 7–18, March 2011
How to Cite
Kozak, B. M., Tjota, M. Y. and Close, K. L. (2011), Journal of Diabetes NEWS. Journal of Diabetes, 3: 7–18. doi: 10.1111/j.1753-0407.2011.00104.x
- Issue published online: 20 FEB 2011
- Article first published online: 20 FEB 2011
- 2Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. Obesity and the Economics of Prevention: Fit not Fat. OECD Publishing, Paris, 2010.
- 6Asian Americans have greater prevalence of metabolic syndrome despite lower body mass index. Int J Obes 2010: 1–8., , , et al.
- 14Fructose ingestion acutely elevates blood pressure in healthy young humans. Am J Physiol Regul Intergr Comp Physiol. 2008; 294: 730–7., , , .
- 15Sucrose compared with artificial sweetners: Different effects on ad libitum food intake and body weight after 10 weeks of supplementation in overweight subjects. Am J Clin Nutr. 2002; 74: 721–9., , , .
- 21Diet as a treatment. Proceedings of The Obesity Society 28th Annual Scientific Meeting, 8–12 October 2010, San Diego, CA, USA..
- 22US Department of Health and Human Services. The Surgeon General’s Vision for a Healthy and Fit Nation 2010. US Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Surgeon General, Rockville, MD, 2010.