Prevalence and Trends in Overweight in Mexican-American Adults and Children
Article first published online: 24 APR 2008
Volume 62, Issue Supplement s2, pages S144–S148, July 2004
How to Cite
Flegal, K. M., Ogden, C. L. and Carroll, M. D. (2004), Prevalence and Trends in Overweight in Mexican-American Adults and Children. Nutrition Reviews, 62: S144–S148. doi: 10.1111/j.1753-4887.2004.tb00085.x
- Issue published online: 24 APR 2008
- Article first published online: 24 APR 2008
- 1WHO Consultation on Obesity. Obesity: Preventing and Managing the Global Epidemic. Report of a WHO Consultation (WHO technical report series: 894). Geneva : World Health Organization; 2000.
- 5United States Census Bureau. State and County QuickFacts: Hispanic Origin 2000. Available at: http:quickfacts.census.govqfdmetalong_68188.htm. Accessed June 30, 2003.
- 6The Hispanic population in the United States: March 2000. Current Population Reports, P20–535. Washington , DC : U.S. Census Bureau; 2000.,
- 7National Center for Health Statistics. Plan and operation of the Hispanic Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 1982–84. Vital Health Stat 1. 1985:S1–S429.
- 8National Center for Health Statistics. Plan and operation of the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1988–94. Series 1: Programs and collection procedures. Vital Health Stat 1. 1994:S1–S407.
- 9NHLBI Expert Panel on the Identification Evaluation and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults. Clinical guidelines on the identification, evaluation, and treatment of overweight and obesity in adults—the evidence report. National Institutes of Health [published erratum appears in Obes Res 1998 6(6): 464]. Obes Res. 1998;6: S51S–S209S.
- 11Guidelines for overweight in adolescent preventive services: recommendations from an expert committee. The Expert Committee on Clinical Guidelines for Overweight in Adolescent Preventive Services. Am J Clin Nutr. 1994;59:S307–S316.,
- 12The changing lifestyle in the world—body weight and what else Diabetes Care. 2000;23: SB1–SB4.
- 21Public health strategies for obesity treatment and prevention. Am J Health Behav. 2000;25:S252–S259.