Marabou 2005: Nutrition and Human Development
Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
Volume 64, Issue Supplement s2, pages S1–S11, May 2006
How to Cite
James, P. (2006), Marabou 2005: Nutrition and Human Development. Nutrition Reviews, 64: S1–S11. doi: 10.1111/j.1753-4887.2006.tb00239.x
- Issue online: 28 JUN 2008
- Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
- 1The impact of the newer knowledge of nutrition: nutrition science and nutrition policy 1900–1939. PhD Thesis. London University; 1987.
- 2Food Health and Income. London : Macmillan Press; 1936.
- 4KeysA., ed. Seven Countries. A Multivariate Analysis of Death and Coronary Heart Disease. Cambridge , MA : Harvard University Press; 1980.
- 6Dietary fat and serum lipids: an evaluation of the experimental data. Am J Clin Nutr 1993;57:S875–S883., , ,
- 8Essential fatty acids, lipid metabolism and atherosclerosis Lancet 1958;1:S742–S743., ,
- 9Fiber as protective against gastrointestinal diseases Am J Gastroenterol 1984;79:S249–S252.
- 11Off Our Trolleys?: Food Marketing and the Hypermarket Revolution. London : Institute of Policy Research; 1995.,
- 12Sch losser E Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal. New York : Houghton-Mifflin; 2001.
- 13Food Wars. The Global Battle for Mouths, Minds and Markets. London : Earthscan; 2004.,
- 14Review of Research on the Effects of Food Promotion to Children. Final Report Prepared for the Food Standards Agency. Available at: http:www.food.gov.ukmultimediapdfsfoodpromotiontochildren1.pdf. Accessed April 11, 2006.., , , et al.
- 15Marketing Food to Children: The Global Regulatory Environment. Geneva : World Health Organization; 2004.
- 16Broadcasting Bad Health. Why Food Marketing to Children Needs to Be Controlled. A Report by the International Association of Consumer Food Organizations for the World Health Organization Consultation on a Global Strategy for Diet and Health. London : The International Association of Consumer Food Organizations; 2003., ,
- 18Ending malnutrition by 2020: An agenda for change in the millennium. Final report to the ACC/SCN by the Commission on the Nutrition Challenges of the 21 st Century. Food Nutr Bull. 2000;21(suppl 3):S1–S88., , , , , ,
- 19Assessing nutritional status of children and adults In: ShettyP., ed. Nutrient Metabolism and Malnutrition: A Festschrift for John Conrad Waterlow. London : Smith-Gordon; 2000., ,
- 20Definition of chronic energy deficiency in adults. Report of a Working Party of the International Dietary Energy Consultative Group. Eur J Clin Nutr 1988;42:S969–S981., ,
- 211994. Body Mass Index. A Measure of Chronic Energy Deficiency in Adults. FAO Food and Nutrition Paper 56, Rome .,
- 23The nutrition transition and obesity in the developing world. J Nutr 2001;131: S871S–S873S.
- 31Mothers, Babies and Health in Later Life. Edinburgh : Churchill Livingstone, 1998.
- 32Effects of infant birthweight and maternal body mass index in pregnancy on components of the insulin resistance syndrome in China. Ann Int Med 2000;132:S253–S260., , , , ,
- 37Intake of micro-nutrient-rich foods in rural Indian mothers is associated with the size of their babies at birth: Pune Maternal Nutrition Study. J Nutr 2001;131:S1217–S1224., , , et al.
- 38Hyperhomo-cysteinemia and elevated methylmalonic acid indicate a high prevalence of cobalamin deficiency in Asian Indians. Am J Clin Nutr 2001;74:S233–S241., , , et al.
- 39Nutrition and growth. Proc R Soc Lond Series B 1962;156:S326–S337.,
- 42Dietary fat. Obesity: Dietary Factors and Control. Tokyo : Japan Scientific Societies Press; 1991:S181–S190.et al.
- 51Long-term effects of neonatal sodium restriction on blood pressure. Hypertension 1996;29:S913–S917., , , et al.
- 52A randomized controlled trial of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation of formula in term infants after weaning at 6 wk of age. Am J Clin Nutr 2002;75:S570–S580., , , , ,
- 53Committee on the Medical Aspects of Food Policy (COMA). Diet and Cardiovascular Disease. London : Department of Health and Social Security; 1984.
- 54Food Politics: How the Food Industry Influences Nutrition and Health. Los Angeles : University of California Press; 2002.
- 55Profit Over People. New York : Seven Stories Press; 1999.