What is the Dose-Response Relationship between Vitamin D and Cancer Risk?
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Volume 65, Issue Supplement s2, pages S91–S95, August 2007
How to Cite
Garland, C. F., Grant, W. B., Mohr, S. B., Gorham, E. D. and Garland, F. C. (2007), What is the Dose-Response Relationship between Vitamin D and Cancer Risk?. Nutrition Reviews, 65: S91–S95. doi: 10.1111/j.1753-4887.2007.tb00349.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- 1The role of vitamin D in cancer prevention. Am J Public Health 2006;96:S252–S261., , , et al.
- 3Acid haze air pollution and breast and colon cancer in 20 Canadian cities. Can J Publ Health 1989;80:S96–S100., ,
- 6The association of solar ultraviolet B (UVB) with reducing risk of cancer: multi-factorial ecologic analysis of geographic variation in age-adjusted cancer mortality rates. Anticancer Res 2006;26:S2687–S2699.,
- 10Food and Nutrition Board, Institute of Medicine. Dietary Reference Intakes for Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Vitamin D, and Fluoride. Washington , DC : National Academies Press; 1997. Available at: http:www.nap.edubooks0309063507html. Accessed June 22, 2007.
- 12Risk assessment for vitamin D. Am J Clin Nutr 2007;85:S6–S18., , ,
- 13Evidence that vitamin D3 increases serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D more efficiently than does vitamin D2. Am J Clin Nutr 1998;68:S854–S858., , , , ,
- 15The case against ergocalciferol (vitamin D2) as a vitamin supplement. Am J Clin Nutr 2006;84:S694–S697.,
- 201 alpha, 25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3 regulates the expression of Id1 and Id2 genes and the angiogenic phenotype of human colon carcinoma cells. Onco-gene 2005;24:S6533–S6544., , , et al.
- 22Colon cancer parallels rickets. In: LipkinM., NewmarkH., KelloffG., editors. Calcium, Vitamin D, and Prevention of Colon Cancer. Boca Raton : CRC Press; 1991:S81–S111., ,
- 23Recycling of E-cadherin: a potential mechanism for regulating cadherin dynamics. J Cell Biol 1999;146:S219–S232., ,
- 241, 25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3/VDR-mediated induction of FGF23 as well as transcriptional control of other bone anabolic and catabolic genes that orchestrate the regulation of phosphate and calcium mineral metabolism. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 2007;103:S381–S388., , , et al.
- 28Incubation periods of cancer: old and new. J Chronic Dis 1987;40(Suppl 2):S9S–S15S.