PERSUADING PARLIAMENTARIANS: ADVOCACY AND LOBBYING ON ALCOHOL-RELATED ISSUES
Version of Record online: 12 FEB 2010
1988 Public Health Association of Australia
Community Health Studies
Volume 12, Issue 3, pages 273–281, September 1988
How to Cite
Stewart, L. and Casswell, S. (1988), PERSUADING PARLIAMENTARIANS: ADVOCACY AND LOBBYING ON ALCOHOL-RELATED ISSUES. Community Health Studies, 12: 273–281. doi: 10.1111/j.1753-6405.1988.tb00587.x
- Issue online: 12 FEB 2010
- Version of Record online: 12 FEB 2010
- 1Grog's Own Country. Auckland: Minerva, 1967.
- 2The Penguin English Dictionary. Harmondsworth: Penguin 1965..
- 3From a Public Health Perspective: Shaping Attitudes Towards Alcohol in New Zealand. Alcohol Research Unit, University of Auckland, 1986.and
- 4From a Public Health Perspective: Availability of Alcohol in New Zealand. Alcohol Research Unit, University of Auckland, 1986.and
- 5From a Public Health Perspective: Alcohol Pricing Policy in New Zealand. Alcohol Research Unit, University of Auckland, 1986.and
- 6From a Public Health Perspective: Control of Drinking on Licensed Premises in New Zealand. Alcohol Research Unit, University of Auckland, 1986.and
- 7Alcohol Research Unit. Alcohol Advertising: Policies, Practices and Perspectives. University of Auckland, September 1983.
- 8Alcohol Advertising: Policies and Social Response in New Zealand. Working Paper, Alcohol Research Unit, University of Auckland, 1983.and
- 9Pressure Groups and Australian Health Policymaking in the 1980s. Politics 1986; 21(2): 51–61.
- 10New Zealand Temperance Alliance Bulletin. Wellington, No. 133: June 1983.
- 11Newspaper Publishers' Association of New Zealand. Letter to informant Member of Parliament from Executive Director, 2 September 1983.
- 12Newspaper Publishers' Association of New Zealand. The Case for Freedom in Liquor Advertising. 1983.
- 13Association of Accredited Advertising Agencies of New Zealand; Newspaper Publishers' Association; Business Press Association of New Zealand et al. Legal to sell, legal to advertise. 1983.
- 14The Lung Goodbye. A manual of tactics for countering the tobacco industry in the 1980s. The International Association of Consumer Unions, 1986 (Available from A.C.H.P.E.R., Parkside S.A. 5063).
- 15Regulations chilling hard liquor industry. Special Report: Liquor Marketing. Advertising Age, 26 July 1984..
- 16New Zealand Temperance Alliance. Parliamentary Newsletter No. 10, Wellington, 1983.
- 17Group Opposed to Advertising of Liquor. Letter to informant Member of Parliament from Secretary, Hamilton, 26 August 1983.
- 18Alcoholic Liquor Advisory Council. Living with Alcohol: Preventing Misuse. Wellington, October 1983.
- 19Licensed Beverage Industries. Towards a Unified Approach to Alcohol: A Statement by the Licensed Beverage Industries. August 1984.
- 20Social Costs of Alcohol, Taxation and Government Intervention in the Liquor Industry. Report prepared for the New Zealand Liquor Industry Council, 1985..
- 21Costs of Alcohol Abuse in New Zealand — A Preliminary Investigation. A report on research funded by the Alcoholic Liquor Advisory Council, 1984., and
- 22Liquor Industry Council. Letter to informant Member of Parliament from Director, 23 September 1985.
- 23Brewers Association of New Zealand. A Report of the Conference Proceedings and Recommendations of the National Conference on Road Accidents. Volume I. Wellington, 1819 April, 1985.
- 24Wine Institute of New Zealand. The Wine Institute Talks About Wine. Policy document, February 1985.
- 25Wine Institute of New Zealand. The Beverage of Moderate People. Memo from Executive Director to informant Member of Parliament, 19 February 1985.
- 26Montana Wines Ltd. Letter and promotional pamphlet: Low-alcohol Kuhl Wine. Sent to informant Member of Parliament, 30 October 1985.
- 27Dominion Breweries Ltd. Letter and promotional pamphlet: Special Draft Reduced Beer. Sent to informant Member of Parliament, August 9, 1985.
- 28Allied Liquor Merchants. Letter and promotional pamphlet: Swan Special Light Lager. Sent to informant Member of Parliament, October 1984.
- 29New Zealand Temperance Alliance. Letter to informant Member of Parliament, 2 November 1984.
- 30New Zealand Temperance Alliance. Letter to Minister of Justice, 31 October 1984.
- 31Auckland Alcoholism Co-ordinating Committee. Letter from Legal Information and Education Sub-committee. Letter to informant Member of Parliament, no date.
- 32Government and Smoking: Policy-making and Pressure Groups. Policy and Politics. 1981; 9: 331–347..
- 33The Wine Lobby: pressure group politics and the New Zealand wine industry. Master of Arts thesis, University of Auckland, 1977.
- 34Parliamentary Under-Secretary to the Minister of Health. Address to the Practicum B of the Diploma in Health Administration, Massey University, Palmerston North, December 1987.
- 35Alcohol, Politics and Social Policy. J Soc Pol 1986; 15: 467–488.
- 36Alcohol and Health: The Laking Report. Does the medical profession care? NZ Med J 1987; 100: 343–345.
- 37The Politics of Health: The case of Smoking Control. J Soc Pol 1984; 13: 279–296.
- 38Dunne attacks ALAC Policy Shift. Dominion newspaper, Wellington, 27 June 1986.
- 39The Organizational Politics of Alcohol Control Policy. BJA 1985; 80: 357–362.