ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION, CIGARETTE SMOKING AND FETAL OUTCOME IN VICTORIA, 1985
Version of Record online: 26 MAR 2010
1989 Public Health Association of Australia
Community Health Studies
Volume 13, Issue 4, pages 484–491, December 1989
How to Cite
Bell, R. and Lumley, J. (1989), ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION, CIGARETTE SMOKING AND FETAL OUTCOME IN VICTORIA, 1985. Community Health Studies, 13: 484–491. doi: 10.1111/j.1753-6405.1989.tb00707.x
- Issue online: 26 MAR 2010
- Version of Record online: 26 MAR 2010
- 1Smoking and alcohol consumption during pregnancy: an epidemiological study in Tasmania. Med J Aust 1983; 1: 220–223., , et al.
- 2Consultative Council on Obstetric and Paediatric Mortality and Morbidity. Annual Report for the year 1985, incorporating the 24th survey of perinatal deaths in Victoria. Melbourne: Health Department Victoria, 1987; p. 21.
- 3Australian patterns of tobacco smoking and related health beliefs in 1983. Community Health Stud. 1984; 8: 307–316., .
- 4Stopping smoking. Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1987; 94: 289–292..
- 5The effectiveness of smoking cessation methods for smokers in public health maternity clinics; a randomized trail. Am J Public Health 1985; 75: 1389–1392., , et al
- 6A clinical trial of change in maternal smoking and its effect on birthweight. JAMA. 1984; 251: 911–915., .
- 7Australian Bureau of Statistics. Construction of an indicator of socioeconomic status. Information paper no. 15. Statistical methods section. Canberra, n.d.
- 8Australian Bureau of Statistics. Alcohol and tobacco consumption patterns, February 1977. Catalogue no. 4312.0 Canberra, 1978.
- 9Alcohol consumption, pregnancy and low birthweight. Lancet 1983; 1–663–665., , et al
- 10Adverse effects on offspring of maternal alcohol abuse during pregnancy. New Engl J Med 1977; 297: 528–530., , et al
- 11Cigarette smoking, alcohol consumption and fetal outcome in Tasmania 1981–82. Aust NZ J Obstet Gynaecol 1985; 25: 33–40., , et al
- 12The interrelationship of maternal smoking and increased perinatal mortality with other risk factors. Further analysis of the Ontario perinatal mortality study 1960–1. Am J Epidemiol. 1975; 100: 443–452., , .
- 13The epidemiology of prematurity. In: VYHYu, E CarlWood eds. Prematurity. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone, 1987; p 13..
- 14Moderate alcohol use during pregnancy and decreased infant birthweight. Am J Public Healt. 1977; 67: 1154–1156..
- 15Alcohol use, conception time and birthweight. J. Epidemiol Comm Healt. 1983; 37: 63–65., , .
- 16Fetal growth and moderate drinking in early pregnancy. Am J Epidemiol 1986; 123: 270–278., , et al
- 17Effects of maternal drinking and marijuana use on fetal growth and development. Paediatrics 1982; 70: 539–546., , et al
- 18Alcohol. In G.Chamberlain J.Lumley, J.Lumley eds. Prepregnancy Care: A Manual for Practice. Chichester: John Wiley, 1986; 183–207..
- 19Effects of cigarette smoking, alcohol, coffee and tea consumption on pre-term delivery. Early Hum Develop. 1982; 7: 239–250., , .
- 20Alcohol and mortality: a U shaped curve. Lancet 1981; 1: 580–583., , et al
- 21The effects of moderate alcohol consumption during pregnancy on fetal growth and morphogenesis. J Ped. 1978; 92: 457–460., , .
- 22Alcohol consumption in pregnancy. How much is safe? Arch Dis Childh. 1982; 57: 940–943., , .
- 23Strategies for the prevention of fetal alcohol effects. Obstet Gynecol. 1981; 57: 1–7., , .
- 24The tip of the iceberg: a validation study of the Victorian Congenital Malformations/Births Defects Register. Aust Paediatr J. 1988; 24: 244–246., , et al