Obstetrical outcomes of Aboriginal pregnancies at a major urban hospital
Version of Record online: 12 FEB 2010
1994 Public Health Association of Australia
Australian Journal of Public Health
Volume 18, Issue 2, pages 185–189, June 1994
How to Cite
Najman, J. M., Williams, G. M., Bor, W., Andersen, M. J. and Morrison, J. (1994), Obstetrical outcomes of Aboriginal pregnancies at a major urban hospital. Australian Journal of Public Health, 18: 185–189. doi: 10.1111/j.1753-6405.1994.tb00223.x
- Issue online: 12 FEB 2010
- Version of Record online: 12 FEB 2010
- 1Australian Bureau of Statistics. Aboriginal people in the Northern Territory. Canberra: Government Printer of the Northern Territory, 1990.
- 2Aboriginal child survival. An analysis of results from the 1986 census of population and housing. Canberra: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Australian Government Printing Office, 1988.
- 3Department of Health 1980 Aboriginal Health Bulletin. Aboriginal vital statistics: an analysis of trends. Canberra: Australian Government Publishing Service, 1980.
- 4National Aboriginal Health Strategy. Canberra: Australian Government Publishing Service, 1989.
- 5The Congress Alukura pilot health programme. Aboriginal Health Information Bull (Canberra) 1989; 11: 23–6.,
- 6Aboriginal fertility: trends and prospects. Working paper no. 6. Canberra: National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health, 1988.
- 7Fertility and mortality of Aborigines living in Queensland Aboriginal communities 1972–1990. Canberra: Australian Government Publishing Service, 1992.,
- 8Nutrition of Aboriginal infants and children in the Murray Valley. Med J Aust 1986; 144(suppl): 55–8.,
- 9Comparison of births to Aboriginal and Caucasian mothers in Western Australia. Med J Aust 1981; 2: 80–4.,
- 10Factors associated with smoking in low income pregnant women: relationship to birth weight, stressful life events, social support, health behaviours and mental distress. J Clin Epidemiol 1990; 43: 441–8., , , , et al.
- 11The enigma of pre-term birth. Med J Aust 1987; 149: 230–1.
- 12The state of health of Aborigines in the Kimberley region. Med J Aust 1987; 146: 200–4.,
- 13The obstetrical performance of urban Aborigines. Aust NZ J Obstet Gynaecol 1968; 8: 95.
- 14The Effect of racial origin, geographical location and antenatal care on an infant's birth weight. Aust Paediatr J 1978; 14: 165–8.
- 15A review of the obstetric and medical complications leading to the delivery of infants of very low birth weight. Med J Aust 1988; 149: 234–42.,
- 16SAS Institute Inc. SAS user's guide. 5th edition. Cary, NC: SAS Institute Inc., 1985.
- 17Statistical and Epidemiology Research Corporation. EGRET. Seattle: SERC, 1990.
- 18A prospective longitudinal study of social, psychological and demographic characteristics of the 8556 respondents. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1989; 96: 289–97., , , , et al.