It's time to determine the cost of a healthy diet in Australia
Version of Record online: 2 AUG 2007
Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health
Volume 31, Issue 4, pages 363–365, August 2007
How to Cite
Burns, C. and Friel, S. (2007), It's time to determine the cost of a healthy diet in Australia. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 31: 363–365. doi: 10.1111/j.1753-6405.2007.00088.x
- Issue online: 2 AUG 2007
- Version of Record online: 2 AUG 2007
- 2The Illawarra Healthy Food Price Index 1. Development of the food basket. Nutrition and Dietetics. 2004; 61 (4):200–7., ,
- 3The Illawarra Healthy Food Price Index 2. Pricing methods and index trends from 2000–2003. Nutrition and Dietetics. 2004; 61 (4):208–14., ,
- 4Food Supply in Rural South Australia: A Survey of Food Cost, Quality and Variety. Adelaide ( AUST ): Department of Human Services; 2000., ,
- 5Nutrition and Physical Activity Unit. Market Basket Survey of Remote Community Stores in the Northern Territory April-June 2005. Darwin ( AUST ): Northern Territory Government Department of Health and Community Services; 2005.
- 6Department of Health and Aged Care. Food and Nutrition Policy. Canberra ( AUST ): Commonwealth of Australia; 1992.
- 7Department of Health and Aged Care. Eat Well Australia: Draft National Public Health Nutrition Strategy and National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nutrition Strategy and Action Plan. Canberra ( AUST ): Commonwealth of Australia; 2001.
- 8Nexus Management Consulting. National Food and Nutrition Monitoring and Surveillances System: A Framework and a Business Case. Final Report. Commonwealth Department of Health and Aged Care; 2005.
- 12Food Poverty and Policy. A joint Combat Poverty Agency, Crosscare and the Society of St Vincent De Paul Review. Galway ( IRL ): National University of Ireland; 2004.,
- 13Australian Bureau of Statistics. Household Expenditure Survey 1998–99. Canberra ( AUST ): ABS; 2000. Catalogue No.: 6530.0.
- 15Development of Indicative Budget Standards for Australia. Sydney ( AUST ): Social Policy Research Centre, University of New South Wales; 1998. Research Paper No.: 74., , , , ,
- 16When There Isn't Enough to Eat: Study of Clients at Anglicare's Emergency Relief Service in Wollongong. Sydney ( AUST ): Policy Unit, Anglicare; 2006.
- 18Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion. The Thrifty Food Plan, 1999 – Administrative Report. Washington ( DC ): United States of America, Department of Agriculture; 1999.