Monitoring local trends in Indigenous tobacco consumption
Version of Record online: 10 FEB 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal Compilation © 2009 Public Health Association of Australia
Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health
Volume 33, Issue 1, pages 64–66, February 2009
How to Cite
Thomas, D. P., Johnston, V., Fitz, J. W. and McDonnell, J. (2009), Monitoring local trends in Indigenous tobacco consumption. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 33: 64–66. doi: 10.1111/j.1753-6405.2009.00340.x
- Issue online: 10 FEB 2009
- Version of Record online: 10 FEB 2009
- Submitted: July 2008 Revision requested: October 2008 Accepted: November 2008
- 1Joint Media Release with the Minister for Health and Ageing and the Minister for Indigenous Affairs – Rudd Government Tackles Indigenous Smoking Rates and Health Workforce in next Down Payments on Closing the Gap [media release on the Internet]. Canberra ( AUST ) : Prime Minister of Australia; 2008 [cited 2008 June 20]. Available from: http://www.pm.gov.au/media/release/2008/media_release_0143.cfm
- 2The Burden of Disease and Injury in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples 2003. Brisbane ( AUST ) : School of Population Health, University of Queensland; 2007., , ,
- 3World Health Organization. WHO Report on the Global Tobacco Epidemic, 2008: The MPOWER Package. Geneva ( CHE ) : WHO; 2008.
- 4Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. Statistics on Drug Use in Australia 2006. Drug Statistics Series No. 18. Canberra ( AUST ) : AIHW; 2007. Catalogue No.: PHE 80.
- 5Cigarette Smoking Among Indigenous Australians, 1994. Canberra ( AUST ) : ABS; 1997. Occasional Paper No.: 4701.0.
- 6Australian Bureau of Statistics. National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Social Survey 2002. Canberra ( AUST ) : ABS; 2004. Catalogue No.: 4714.0.
- 7Australian Bureau of Statistics. National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Survey, Australia 2004–05. Canberra ( AUST ) : ABS; 2006. Catalogue No.: 4715.0.
- 8Indigenous Australians and Tobacco: A Literature Review. Darwin ( AUST ) : Cooperative Research Centre for Aboriginal and Tropical Health; 2001.
- 11Public Health Advocacy and Tobacco Control: Making Smoking History. Oxford ( UK ) : Blackwell Publishing; 2007.