Projecting the burden of diabetes in Australia – what is the size of the matter?
Article first published online: 8 DEC 2009
© 2009 The Authors. Journal Compilation © 2009 Public Health Association of Australia
Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health
Volume 33, Issue 6, pages 540–543, December 2009
How to Cite
Magliano, D. J., Peeters, A., Vos, T., Sicree, R., Shaw, J., Sindall, C., Haby, M., Begg, S. J. and Zimmet, P. Z. (2009), Projecting the burden of diabetes in Australia – what is the size of the matter?. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 33: 540–543. doi: 10.1111/j.1753-6405.2009.00450.x
- Issue published online: 8 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 8 DEC 2009
- Submitted: February 2009 Revision requested: April 2009 Accepted: June 2009
- 3United Nations General Assembly. World Diabetes Day. Resolution Adopted by the General Assembly - 61/225. New York ( NY ): UN General Assembly; 2006.
- 6Diabetes and impaired glucose tolerance. In: Gan D, editor. Diabetes Atlas. 3rd ed. Brussels ( BEL ): International Diabetes Federation; 2006:180., , .
- 7Projection of Health Care Expenditure by Disease: A Case Study from Australia. Brisbane ( AUST ): University of Queensland; 2007., , , .
- 9FORESIGHT: Tackling Obesities: Future Choices' Project Report. London ( UK ): UK Government Office for Science; 2007..
- 13Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. GRIM Books. Version 8. Canberra ( AUST ): AIHW; 2005.
- 15Overweight and obesity (high body mass index). In: Ezzati M, editor. Comparative Quantification of Health Risks: Global and Regional Burden of Disease Attributable to Selected Major Risk Factors. Geneva ( CHE ): World Health Organization; 2004., , , et al.
- 16Future Prevalence of Overweight and Obesity in Australian Children and Adolescents, 2005-2025. Melbourne ( AUST ): Department of Human Services, State Government of Victoria; 2008., .