Chlamydia trachomatis in Tasmania 2001–2007: rising notification trends
Version of Record online: 8 APR 2010
© 2010 The Authors. Journal Compilation © 2010 Public Health Association of Australia
Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health
Volume 34, Issue 2, pages 120–125, April 2010
How to Cite
Stephens, N., O'Sullivan, M., Coleman, D. and Shaw, K. (2010), Chlamydia trachomatis in Tasmania 2001–2007: rising notification trends. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 34: 120–125. doi: 10.1111/j.1753-6405.2010.00494.x
- Issue online: 8 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 8 APR 2010
- Submitted: April 2009 Revision requested: August 2009 Accepted: October 2009
- 1HeymannDL, editor. Control of Communicable Diseases Manual. 18th ed. Washington ( DC ): American Public Health Association; 2004.
- 5Australia's Notifiable Disease Status, 2005: Annual Report of the National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System. Commun Dis Intell. 2007;31(1)., et al.
- 7Department of Health and Ageing [homepage on the Internet]. Canberra (AUST): Commonwealth of Australia; 2009 [cited 2009 Feb 26]. National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System. Available from: http://www9.health.gov.au/cda/Source/CDA-index.cfm.
- 14Chlamydia trachomatis infection & female infertility. Indian J Med Res. 2006;123:770–5., , , , .
- 16‘Chlamydia Monday' in Sweden. Euro Surveill. 2008;13(38): pii18984., .
- 21Department of Health and Ageing. National Sexually Transmitted Infections Strategy 2005–2008. Canberra ( AUST ): Commonwealth of Australia; 2005.
- 25Two years of enhanced surveillance of sexually-transmitted chlamydia in South East Queensland. Commun Dis Intell. 2006;30:456–61., , .
- 26Department of Health and Ageing. National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System STI Surveillance. Dataset Field Specifications endorsed by the Communicable Diseases Network of Australia. Canberra ( AUST ): Commonwealth of Australia; 2005.
- 27Department of Health and Ageing [communicable diseases information page on the Internet]. Canberra (AUST): Commonwealth of Australia; 2009 [cited 15 January 2009]. Laboratory Case Definitions – Chlamydia Laboratory Case Definitions. Available from: http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/cda-phlncd-chlamydia.htm.
- 28Senior Surveillance Officer, Communicable Diseases Prevention Unit, Department of Health and Human Services, Hobart, Tasmania. Personal Communication. 2009 March..
- 29Tasmanian Legisation. Public Health Act 1997 (No. 86 of1997). Hobart ( AUST ): State Government of Tasmainia; 1998 January 14 [cited 8 January 2009]. Available at: http://www.thelaw.tas.gov.au/.
- 30Australian Bureau of Statistics. Australian Standard Geographical System (ASGC) Digital Boundaries (Intercensal), Australia, July 2009. Canberra ( AUST ): ABS; 2009.
- 31Australian Institute of Health and Welfare [publication page on the Internet]. Canberra (AUST): Commonwealth of Australia; 2003 [cited 2009 Aug 30]. Sexual and reproductive health. In: Australia's Young People 2003: Their Health and Wellbeing. Part III. Available from: http://www.aihw.gov.au/publications/phe/ayp03/ayp03-c09.pdf.
- 33Male Consultations in General Practice in Australia 1999–01 [report on the Internet]. Canberra ( AUST ): Australian Institute of Health and Welfare; 2003 [cited 2009 Oct 10]. Available from: http://www.aihw.gov.au/publications/gep/mcgpa99-00/mcgpa99-00-c01.pdf., , , .
- 35Age-bridging among young, urban, heterosexual males with asymptomatic Chlamydia trachomatis. Sex Transm Infect. 2007;136–41., , , , , .
- 36The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners [clinical resources page on the Internet]. Melbourne (AUST): RACGP; 2009 [cited 2009 Aug 23]. Guidelines for Preventive Activities in General Practice (The Red Book). 7th ed. Available from: http://www.racgp.org.au/guidelines/redbook.
- 41Sexually Transmitted Infections. 3rd ed. New York ( NY ): MacGaw-Hill; 1999. p. 1104–6., et al.
- 42The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologist. Pre-pregnancy Counselling and Routine Antenatal Assessment in the Absence of Pregnancy Complications [College statement page on the Internet]. Melbourne ( AUST ): RANZCOG; 2008 [cited 2009 Apr 20]. Available from: http://www.ranzcog.edu.au/publications/collegestatements.shtm.
- 45NSW Notifiable Diseases Reinfection Period Convention Project, April 2006. Unpublished report. Sydney (AUST): Communicable Diseases Branch, NSW Health; 2006., , , , .