Factors that enable and hinder the implementation of projects in the alcohol and other drug field
Version of Record online: 2 JAN 2012
© 2012 The Authors. ANZJPH © 2012 Public Health Association of Australia
Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health
Volume 36, Issue 1, pages 61–68, February 2012
How to Cite
MacLean, S., Berends, L., Hunter, B., Roberts, B. and Mugavin, J. (2012), Factors that enable and hinder the implementation of projects in the alcohol and other drug field. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 36: 61–68. doi: 10.1111/j.1753-6405.2011.00804.x
- Issue online: 7 FEB 2012
- Version of Record online: 2 JAN 2012
- Submitted: August 2010 Revision requested: April 2011 Accepted: June 2011
- 1Alcohol and drug supported accommodation for clients with special needs. Int J Drug Policy. 2002;13:485–93..
- 2Indigenous Drug and Alcohol Projects: Elements of Best Practice. Canberra ( AUST ) : Australian National Council on Drugs; 2004., , , .
- 4The emergence of a specialist role in rural alcohol and drug service delivery: lessons from a review in rural Victoria, Australia. Drugs: Education Prevention and Policy. 2010;17(5):603–17..
- 5It seemed like a good idea at the time. Experiences in centralised intake for alcohol and drug treatment across three jurisdictions. Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. 2010;27:599–611., .
- 8Lessons learned from the National Target Cities Initiative to Improve Publicly Funded Substance Abuse Treatment Systems In: R. C. Stephens RC, Christy K, Scott RD, editor. Clinical Assessment and Substance Abuse Treatment: The Target Cities Experience. Albany ( NY ) : State University of New York Press; 2003., , .
- 11Evidence-based policy: the promise of ‘realist synthesis’. Evaluation. 2002;8(3):340–58..
- 12Using Realist Synthesis to develop an evidence base from an identified data set on enablers and barriers for alcohol and drug program implementation. Qualitative Review. Forthcoming 2011., , .
- 13The Coding Manual for Qualitative Researchers. London ( UK ) : Sage; 2009..
- 14Qualitative Data Analysis: An Expanded Sourcebook. 2nd ed. Newbury Park ( CA ) : Sage; 1994., .
- 16Volatile Substance Misuse: A Review of Interventions. Canberra ( AUST ) : Commonwealth of Australia; 2008., .
- 17Partnerships for Effective Integrated Health Promotion: An Analysis of Impacts on Agencies of the Primary Care Partnership Integrated Health Promotion Strategy. Final Report. Melbourne ( AUST ) : Victorian Department of Health; 2008. [cited 2011, May 8]. Available from http://www.health.vic.gov.au/pcps/downloads/analysis_strategy.pdf..
- 18Collaboration & Alliances: A Review for VicHealth. Melbourne ( AUST ) : VicHealth; 2000..
- 20TASC. Leadership Development in Substance Use Treatment and Recovery Lessons Learned and Future Directions [Internet]. Washington ( DC ) : Department of Health and Human Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Center for Substance Abuse Treatment; 2004 [cited 2011 May 10]. Available from: http://www.pfr.samhsa.gov/docs/Leadership_paper_TASC_4_14_2005.pdf.
- 21Workforce Development TIPS (Theory into Practice Strategies): A Resource Kit for the Alcohol and Other Drugs Field. Adelaide ( AUST ) : National Centre for Education and Training on Addiction; 2005., , , , .
- 22Victorian Health Service Management Innovation Council. Service Redesign Resource: Useful Tools, Resources and Information [Internet]. Melbourne ( AUST ) : Victorian Department of Health; 2008 [cited 2009 Oct 7]. Available from: http://www.health.vic.gov.au/managementinnovation/resources/tools.htm.
- 24Review of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community-controlled Alcohol and other Drugs Sector in Queensland. Perth ( AUST ) : National Drug Research Institute; 2009. [cited 2011 May 14]. Available from http://ndri.curtin.edu.au/local/docs/pdf/publications/T194.pdf., , , .
- 25Youth Service System Review: A review of the Victorian Youth Drug Treatment Service System – Report. Melbourne ( AUST ) : Victorian Department of Human Services; 2004., , , , , , et al.
- 26National Health and Hospitals Reform Commission. A Healthier Future for All Australians – Final Report. Canberra ( AUST ) : Commonwealth of Australia; 2009. [cited 2011 May 8]. Available from http://www.health.gov.au/internet/nhhrc/publishing.nsf/Content/nhhrc-report.
- 30Alcohol and Other Drugs Council of Australia. Strategic Communications and Policy. Additional Policy Statements – Workforce [Internet]. Canberra ( AUST ) : ADCA; 2003 [cited 2008 Jun 27]. Available from: http://www.adca.org.au/images/policy/docs/2.11%20workforce%20development%202003.pdf.
- 31Non-government Organisations in the Alcohol and Other Drugs Sector: Issues and Options for Sustainability. Canberra ( AUST ) : Australian National Council on Drugs; 2009., .