Public health and climate change
Version of Record online: 2 JAN 2012
© 2012 The Authors. ANZJPH © 2012 Public Health Association of Australia
Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health
Volume 36, Issue 2, pages 104–106, April 2012
How to Cite
Weston, D. (2012), Public health and climate change. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 36: 104–106. doi: 10.1111/j.1753-6405.2011.00818.x
- Issue online: 4 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 2 JAN 2012
- 1Thawing Permafrost Will Accelerate Global Warming in Decades to Come, Says New Study – Media Release [Internet]. Boulder ( CO ) : US National Snow and Ice Data Center; 2011 [cited 2011 Aug 11].February 16..Available from: http://www.global-warming-forecasts.com/underestimates.php.
- 4Planetary Boundaries: Exploring the Safe Operating Space for Humanity. Ecology and Society [Internet]. 2010 [cited 2011 Aug 11];14(2):32 Available from: http://www.ecologyandsociety.org/vol14/iss2/art32/., , , , , , et al.
- 5Global Footprint Network. Biodoversity, Biocapacity and Development. Living Planet Report. Oakland ( CA ) : Global Footprint Network; 2010.
- 6Carbon Trading: A Critical Conversation on Climate Change, Privatisation and Power. Development Dialogue No 48 September 2006. Uppsala ( SWE ) : The Dag Hammarskjold Centre; 2007.
- 7Cap or Trap. How the EU ETS Risks Locking-in Carbon Emissions [Internet]. London ( UK ) : Sandbag; 2010 [cited 2011Aug 11]. Available from: http://www.sandbag.org.uk/.../2010/.../eu-emissions-trading-scheme-threatens-trap-.,
- 8Friends of the Earth. Subprime Carbon? Re-thinking the World's Largest New Derivatives Market [Internet]. Melbourne ( AUST ) : FoEA; 2009 [cited 2011 August 10]. p. 4. Available from: http://www.foe.org.au/media-releases/2009-media-release/carbon-trading-the-next-sub-prime-new-report/.
- 9Friends of the Earth. A Dangerous Obsession: The Evidence Against Carbon Trading and for Real Solutions to Avoid a Climate Crunch [Internet]. Oxford ( UK ) : Friends of the Earth; 2009 [cited 2011 Aug 10]. p. 2. Available from http://www.foe.co.uk/resource/reports/dangerous_obsession.pdf.
- 10Carbon Capture and Storage a False Solution [Internet]. London ( UK ) : Institute of Science in Society; 2008 [cited 2011 Mar 2]. Available from: http://www.i-sis.org.uk/CCSAFalseSolution.php.
- 11The Great Transition. London ( UK ) : New Economics Foundation; 2010.,
- 12Carbon sequestration: injecting realities. Energy Tribune [Internet]. 2008 [cited 2011 Mar 2]. Available from: http://www.energytribune.com/articles.cfm/826/Carbon-Sequestration-Injecting-Realities.
- 14Global warming causes 300,000 deaths a year, says Kofi Annan think-tank. 2009. The Guardian Newspaper [Internet]. 2009 [cited 2011Aug 11]; May. Available from: http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/may/29/1.
- 15When the climate breaks bad, ‘Will there be answers?’ Dissent. 2011;35:25–30.
- 16Garnaut Climate Change Review. Cambridge ( AUST ) : Cambridge University Press; 2008. Ch 24.
- 18Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Global Warming. Bloomsbury ( UK ) : Climate Science Watch; 2010.,