The author is assistant professor, Department of Political Studies, University of Manitoba. She earned her doctorate in public policy from the School of Public Policy and Administration, Carleton University. This article is based on her dissertation completed in 2008. She would like to thank her committee members Susan Phillips, Kernaghan Webb, Calum Carmichael and Rianne Mahon for their support. She also wishes to thank the Journal's anonymous reviewers and editor for their helpful comments.
Original article / Article originaux
In the name of charity: Institutional support for and resistance to redefining the meaning of charity in Canada
Version of Record online: 12 JUN 2012
© The Institute of Public Administration of Canada/L'Institut d'administration publique du Canada 2012
Canadian Public Administration
Volume 55, Issue 2, pages 181–202, June 2012
How to Cite
Levasseur, K. (2012), In the name of charity: Institutional support for and resistance to redefining the meaning of charity in Canada. Canadian Public Administration, 55: 181–202. doi: 10.1111/j.1754-7121.2012.00214.x
- Issue online: 12 JUN 2012
- Version of Record online: 12 JUN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!