The authors thank Kai Foong Tan and Adair Nagata for providing insightful suggestions that helped shape many key points in this article. We appreciated comments from Paul Batz, Chris Cartwright, Carol Cummins, Ted Dale, Sandra Davis, Joe DiStefano, Beth Fisher-Yoshida, Rhonda Gutenberg, Joy Hazucha, Rob Kaiser, Lynn King, Mark Schmit, Doug Stuart, and Therese Tong along with several anonymous reviewers. Also thanks to our colleagues Carol Braddick, Maura Fallon, Himanshu Jani, Lauren Oliver, Pamela Kennedy Stinson, Donna Sylvan, Kai Foong Tan, Tina Wahi, and Gary Wang who helped us recruit survey participants and conduct interviews with people in Australia, Canada, China, France, India, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland, Vietnam, UK, and USA. We are grateful for the wisdom shared by hundreds of global leaders, members of global teams, HR leaders, cross-cultural trainers, consultants, coaches, and academic researchers who participated in our interviews and online survey.
Global Leadership: A Developmental Shift for Everyone
Article first published online: 9 MAY 2012
Copyright © 2012 Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Industrial and Organizational Psychology
Volume 5, Issue 2, pages 196–215, June 2012
How to Cite
HOLT, K. and SEKI, K. (2012), Global Leadership: A Developmental Shift for Everyone. Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 5: 196–215. doi: 10.1111/j.1754-9434.2012.01431.x
- Issue published online: 9 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 9 MAY 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!