* Vincent Foucher is a senior researcher at the Centre national de la recherche scientifique, based at Les Afriques dans le monde, a research unit of the Institut d'études politiques, Bordeaux. He obtained his Ph.D. in political science from the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, where his dissertation dealt with the emergence of a separatist movement in the Casamance region of southern Senegal. His subsequent research has dealt with the sociology of armed mobilisation and the dynamics of the peace process in Casamance. He has also worked on the broader politics of Senegal and has started a new research project on international intervention in Guinea-Bissau. He was the editor-in-chief of the academic journal Politique africaine from 2006 to 2009 and is now the book reviews editor. He has published a number of papers in peer-reviewed journals, including Cahiers d'études africaines, Politix, Raisons Politiques, and the Canadian Journal of African Studies, as well as a number of book chapters.
On the Matter (and Materiality) of the Nation: Interpreting Casamance's Unresolved Separatist Struggle
Article first published online: 16 JUN 2011
Journal compilation © 2011 Association for the Study of Ethnicity and Nationalism
Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 82–103, April 2011
How to Cite
Foucher, V. (2011), On the Matter (and Materiality) of the Nation: Interpreting Casamance's Unresolved Separatist Struggle. Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism, 11: 82–103. doi: 10.1111/j.1754-9469.2011.01098.x
- Issue published online: 16 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 16 JUN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!