* Jeremy Sarkin is Chairperson-Rapporteur of the United Nations Working Group on Enforced or Involuntary Disappearances and is an Extraordinary Professor at the University of South Africa (UNISA). He is admitted to practice as an attorney in the United States and South Africa. He has undergraduate and postgraduate law degrees from the University of Natal (Durban), an LL.M. from Harvard Law School, and an LL.D. from the University of the Western Cape in Cape Town, South Africa. He was Senior Professor of Law and Deputy Dean at the University of the Western Cape. He was Distinguished Visiting Professor of Law at Hofstra University in New York and was Visiting Professor of International Human Rights at the Fletcher School at Tufts University in Boston. He writes in his private capacity.
The Role of the International Criminal Court (ICC) in Reducing Massive Human Rights Violations Such as Enforced Disappearances in Africa: Towards Developing Transitional Justice Strategies
Article first published online: 16 JUN 2011
Journal compilation © 2011 Association for the Study of Ethnicity and Nationalism
Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 130–142, April 2011
How to Cite
Sarkin, J. (2011), The Role of the International Criminal Court (ICC) in Reducing Massive Human Rights Violations Such as Enforced Disappearances in Africa: Towards Developing Transitional Justice Strategies. Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism, 11: 130–142. doi: 10.1111/j.1754-9469.2011.01104.x
- Issue published online: 16 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 16 JUN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!