* Bea Vidacs is a Senior Research Fellow at the Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology in Halle, Germany. She has worked on issues of political culture, the dialectic of nationalism and ethnicity, and the nature of the postcolonial condition through the study of the social and political significance of football in Cameroon. Her book, Visions of a Better World: Football in the Cameroonian Social Imagination, was published by Lit Verlag in 2010.
Banal Nationalism, Football, and Discourse Community in Africa
Version of Record online: 16 JUN 2011
Journal compilation © 2011 Association for the Study of Ethnicity and Nationalism
Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 25–41, April 2011
How to Cite
Vidacs, B. (2011), Banal Nationalism, Football, and Discourse Community in Africa. Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism, 11: 25–41. doi: 10.1111/j.1754-9469.2011.01105.x
- Issue online: 16 JUN 2011
- Version of Record online: 16 JUN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!