Dr Mara Malagodi is a Senior Teaching Fellow in the Centre for Cultural, Literary and Postcolonial Studies and in the School of Law at SOAS, University of London. She is now enrolled on the Bar Professional Training Course in view of qualifying as a Barrister with the support of the Quatercentenary Scholarship awarded in 2011 by the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple. Dr Malagodi obtained her Ph.D. from SOAS with the thesis Constitutional Nationalism and Legal Exclusion in Nepal (1990–2007). She holds a B.A. (Hon) from SOAS in Nepali & Politics, a Laurea Degree from the University of Trieste in International Relations, an M.A. from SOAS in South Asian Area Studies, and a Graduate Diploma in Law. Her research interests encompass the historico-political and legal developments of South Asian jurisdictions – especially Nepal, India, and Pakistan. Dr Malagodi is the Treasurer of the Britain-Nepal Academic Council, the Deputy Chair of the Centre of South Asian Studies at SOAS, and the Review Editor of South Asia Research. Her published work includes articles in Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism and the European Bulletin of Himalayan Research, together with the chapters on Nepal in the forthcoming edited books: Comparative Constitutional Traditions of South Asia published by OUP and Rights in Divided Societies by Hart.
The End of a National Monarchy: Nepal's Recent Constitutional Transition from Hindu Kingdom to Secular Federal Republic
Article first published online: 13 OCT 2011
Journal compilation © 2011 Association for the Study of Ethnicity and Nationalism
Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism
Volume 11, Issue 2, pages 234–251, October 2011
How to Cite
Malagodi, M. (2011), The End of a National Monarchy: Nepal's Recent Constitutional Transition from Hindu Kingdom to Secular Federal Republic. Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism, 11: 234–251. doi: 10.1111/j.1754-9469.2011.01118.x
- Issue published online: 13 OCT 2011
- Article first published online: 13 OCT 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!