Joseph M. Fernando is an Associate Professor in the Department of History at the University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur. He obtained his Ph.D. in history from Royal Holloway College, University of London. An earlier version of this article was presented at the 20th Annual ASEN Conference, ‘Nation and Charisma’, 13–15 April 2010 at the London School of Economics.
Tunku Abdul Rahman, Charisma, and the Nationalist Movement in Malaya, 1952–1957
Article first published online: 15 DEC 2011
Journal compilation © 2011 Association for the Study of Ethnicity and Nationalism
Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism
Volume 11, Issue 3, pages 492–508, December 2011
How to Cite
Fernando, J. M. (2011), Tunku Abdul Rahman, Charisma, and the Nationalist Movement in Malaya, 1952–1957. Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism, 11: 492–508. doi: 10.1111/j.1754-9469.2011.01133.x
- Issue published online: 15 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 15 DEC 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!