Dr Yitzhak Conforti is a Lecturer in the department of Jewish History at Bar-Ilan University. He is the author of Past Tense: Zionist Historiography and the Shaping of Zionist Memory [in Hebrew] (Jerusalem: Yad Izhak Ben Zvi, 2006). He has published extensively on Jewish nationalism and early Zionism, Zionist and Jewish historiography, and anti-Semitism. His current project focuses on memory and utopia in the Zionist movement.
Zionist Awareness of the Jewish Past: Inventing Tradition or Renewing the Ethnic Past?
Version of Record online: 10 APR 2012
Journal compilation © 2012 Association for the Study of Ethnicity and Nationalism
Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism
Special Issue: Forging the Nation: Performance and Ritual in the (Re)production of Nation
Volume 12, Issue 1, pages 155–171, April 2012
How to Cite
Conforti, Y. (2012), Zionist Awareness of the Jewish Past: Inventing Tradition or Renewing the Ethnic Past?. Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism, 12: 155–171. doi: 10.1111/j.1754-9469.2012.01155.x
- Issue online: 10 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 10 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!