Henio Hoyo is a Ph.D. candidate in Social and Political Sciences at the European University Institute of Florence, Italy. He holds an M.A. in Nationalism Studies from the Central European University of Budapest, Hungary. His research focuses on the diffusion of national imaginaries, the use of nationalist arguments in political competition, nationalist propaganda, and Latin American nationalisms. The author would like to thank Rainer Bauböck, Jon Fox, Umut Özkirimli, Mauricio Tenorio-Trillo, and two anonymous reviewers for their comments on earlier drafts of this paper, as well as to my brother, José Luis Hoyo, for giving me access to his private stamp collection and to the personnel at Correos de México for their kind support, advice, and permission for the reproduction of the stamps shown.
Fresh Views on the Old Past: The Postage Stamps of the Mexican Bicentennial
Article first published online: 10 APR 2012
Journal compilation © 2012 Association for the Study of Ethnicity and Nationalism
Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism
Special Issue: Forging the Nation: Performance and Ritual in the (Re)production of Nation
Volume 12, Issue 1, pages 19–44, April 2012
How to Cite
Hoyo, H. (2012), Fresh Views on the Old Past: The Postage Stamps of the Mexican Bicentennial. Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism, 12: 19–44. doi: 10.1111/j.1754-9469.2012.01158.x
- Issue published online: 10 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 10 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!