A Fong MB BS; R Bromley BMedPhys; M Beat BAppSci; D Vien BAppSci; J Dineley PhD; G Morgan FRCP(UK), FRANZCR.
Dosimetric comparison of intensity modulated radiotherapy techniques and standard wedged tangents for whole breast radiotherapy*
Article first published online: 27 APR 2009
© 2009 The Authors Journal compilation © 2009 The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists
Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology
Volume 53, Issue 1, pages 92–99, February 2009
How to Cite
Fong, A., Bromley, R., Beat, M., Vien, D., Dineley, J. and Morgan, G. (2009), Dosimetric comparison of intensity modulated radiotherapy techniques and standard wedged tangents for whole breast radiotherapy. Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology, 53: 92–99. doi: 10.1111/j.1754-9485.2009.02043.x
Presented in part at the Annual Scientific Meeting, Faculty of Radiation Oncology, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists, Singapore, November 2006.
Conflicts of interest: None.
- Issue published online: 27 APR 2009
- Article first published online: 27 APR 2009
- Submitted 9 May 2008; accepted 16 June 2008.
This article has been cited by:
- 1Author’s reply to Ruo Redda MG et al. concerning “Dosimetric comparison between intensity-modulated radiotherapy and standard wedged tangential technique for whole-breast radiotherapy in Asian women with relatively small breast volumes”, Radiological Physics and Technology, 2014, 7, 2, 389,
- 2Dosimetric comparison between intensity-modulated radiotherapy and standard wedged tangential technique for whole-breast radiotherapy in Asian women with relatively small breast volumes, Radiological Physics and Technology, 2014, 7, 1, 67, , , , , , , ,
- 3In vivo surface dose measurement using GafChromic film dosimetry in breast cancer radiotherapy: comparison of 7-field IMRT, tangential IMRT and tangential 3D-CRT, Radiation Oncology, 2014, 9, 1, 156, , , , ,
- 4Résultats préliminaires d’une tomothérapie hélicoïdale adjuvante avec boost intégré dans le cadre d’un traitement conservateur d’un cancer du sein, Cancer/Radiothérapie, 2014, 18, 1, 15, , , , , , ,
- 5Whole breast irradiation for small-sized breasts after conserving surgery: is the field-in-field technique optimal?, Breast Cancer, 2014, 21, 2, 162, , , , , , , ,
- 6A comparative dosimetric study for treating left-sided breast cancer for small breast size using five different radiotherapy techniques: conventional tangential field, filed-in-filed, Tangential-IMRT, Multi-beam IMRT and VMAT, Radiation Oncology, 2013, 8, 1, 89, , , , , ,
- 7External beam radiotherapy (EBRT) techniques used in breast cancer treatment to reduce cardiac exposure, Radiography, 2013, 19, 1, 73, ,
- 8Flattening Filter Free vs Flattened Beams for Breast Irradiation, International Journal of Radiation Oncology*Biology*Physics, 2013, 85, 2, 506, , , , , , ,
- 9Template-based breast IMRT planning for increased workload efficiency, Radiation Oncology, 2013, 8, 1, 67, , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 10Whole breast and excision cavity radiotherapy plan comparison: Conformal radiotherapy with sequential boost versus intensity-modulated radiation therapy with a simultaneously integrated boost, Journal of Medical Radiation Sciences, 2013, 60, 1, , , ,
- 11Beam angle manipulation to reduce cardiac dose during breast radiotherapy, The British Journal of Radiology, 2012, 85, 1011, 265, , , , ,
- 12Dosimetric comparison of the field-in-field technique and tangential wedged beams for breast irradiation, Japanese Journal of Radiology, 2012, 30, 3, 218, , , , , , , ,
- 13Comparison of dose distributions and organs at risk (OAR) doses in conventional tangential technique (CTT) and IMRT plans with different numbers of beam in left-sided breast cancer, Reports of Practical Oncology & Radiotherapy, 2011, 16, 3, 95, , , , ,
- You have free access to this content14
- 15Dosimetric evaluation of conventional radiotherapy, 3-D conformal radiotherapy and direct machine parameter optimisation intensity-modulated radiotherapy for breast cancer after conservative surgery, Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology, 2011, 55, 6, ,
- 16Modulation d’intensité en radiothérapie mammaire : développement d’une méthode innovante de champ dans le champ à l’institut Gustave-Roussy, Cancer/Radiothérapie, 2011, 15, 8, 663, , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 17Tangential beam IMRT versus tangential beam 3D-CRT of the chest wall in postmastectomy breast cancer patients: A dosimetric comparison, Radiation Oncology, 2011, 6, 1, 26, , , , ,
- 18Cancer du sein sans atteinte ganglionnaire axillaire, Cancer/Radiothérapie, 2010, 14, S127, , , , , , , , , ,