I would like to thank A. Dittmar, T. Crack, H. Daouk, R. Rosen, S. Smart, W. Christie, L. Senbet, and J. Seward (the Editors), and the seminar participants at Indiana University, the 2001 Northern Finance Association (NFA) meeting, and the 2002 Financial Management Association meeting for their comments and suggestions. I also thank an anonymous referee for many insightful comments that have greatly improved this paper. I thank A. Dittmar for sharing her sample of spin-offs announced between 1983 and 1995. All errors are entirely my responsibility.
Tracking Stock or Spin-Off? Determinants of Choice
Article first published online: 15 JUL 2008
2008 Financial Management Association International.
Volume 37, Issue 1, pages 125–139, Spring 2008
How to Cite
Danielova, A. N. (2008), Tracking Stock or Spin-Off? Determinants of Choice. Financial Management, 37: 125–139. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2008.00003.x
- Issue published online: 15 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 15 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!