The authors thank Nick Dorsey and Sandeep Taneja for excellent research assistance. Zebedee gratefully acknowledges the financial support of San Diego State's Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity Program. Nayar is grateful for financial support from the Hans Julius Bär Chair. The comments of an anonymous referee and of Anne-Marie Anderson, William Christie, Srini Krishnamurthy, C.N.V. Krishnan, Ji-Chai Lin, and participants in presentations at the Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC), Asian Finance Association (Kuala Lumpur), the Copenhagen Business School, and the FMA Conference helped to significantly improve the analysis in the paper. We remain responsible for all errors.
Share Repurchase Offers and Liquidity: An Examination of Temporary and Permanent Effects
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
© 2008 Financial Management Association International.
Volume 37, Issue 2, pages 251–270, Summer 2008
How to Cite
Nayar, N., Singh, A. K. and Zebedee, A. A. (2008), Share Repurchase Offers and Liquidity: An Examination of Temporary and Permanent Effects. Financial Management, 37: 251–270. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2008.00012.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
This article has been cited by:
- 1Stock repurchases and liquidity, Journal of Financial Economics, 2016, 119, 1, 186, , ,
- 2Drug approval decisions: A note on stock liquidity effects, Journal of Empirical Finance, 2012, 19, 5, 640, ,
- 5Stock repurchases and treasury share sales: Do they stabilize price and enhance liquidity?, Journal of Corporate Finance, 2011, 17, 5, 1558, , ,
- 6Double signals or single signal? An investigation of insider trading around share repurchases, Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, 2010, 20, 4, 376, , ,