The authors gratefully acknowledge the comments of an anonymous referee and the IBES International Inc. for providing earnings per share forecast data, available through the Institutional Brokers Estimate System. An earlier version of this paper was circulated with the title “Abnormal Analyst Coverage, External Financing, and Firm Investment.”
Do Analysts Influence Corporate Financing and Investment?
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
© 2008 Financial Management Association International.
Volume 37, Issue 2, pages 303–339, Summer 2008
How to Cite
Doukas, J. A., Kim, C. and Pantzalis, C. (2008), Do Analysts Influence Corporate Financing and Investment?. Financial Management, 37: 303–339. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2008.00014.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
This article has been cited by:
- 1Does analyst coverage constrain real earnings management?, The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 2016, 59, 131, ,
- 2Investor relations, information asymmetry and market value, Accounting and Business Research, 2016, 46, 1, 31, , , ,
- 3Do Stock Analysts Influence Merger Completion? An Examination of Postmerger Announcement Recommendations, Management Science, 2015, 61, 10, 2430, , ,
- 4Investment Sensitivity to Stock Prices and Analyst Coverage, American Journal of Industrial and Business Management, 2015, 05, 03, 90, , ,
- 5The Monitoring Role of Financial Analysts: An International Evidence, American Journal of Industrial and Business Management, 2015, 05, 05, 258, , ,
- 8Innovation activity and corporate financing: evidence from a developing economy, Applied Financial Economics, 2012, 22, 20, 1665,