For helpful comments on prior drafts of this paper, we thank Max Schanzenbach, Robert Sitkoff, Mike Ryngaert, Chuck Trzcinka, and two anonymous referees. The usual disclaimer applies.This paper was written while Nimalendran was on leave to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). As a matter of policy, the SEC disclaims any responsibility for any private publication or statement of any SEC employee or commissioner. This article expresses the author's views and does not necessarily reflect those of the Commission, the Commissioners, or other members of the staff.
The Effect of Fiduciary Standards on Institutions' Preference for Dividend-Paying Stocks
Article first published online: 3 DEC 2008
© 2008 Financial Management Association International.
Volume 37, Issue 4, pages 647–671, Winter 2008
How to Cite
Hankins, K. W., Flannery, M. J. and Nimalendran, M. (2008), The Effect of Fiduciary Standards on Institutions' Preference for Dividend-Paying Stocks. Financial Management, 37: 647–671. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2008.00029.x
- Issue published online: 3 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 3 DEC 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!