We thank Bill Christie (the Editor) and two other anonymous referees for their extremely helpful comments and suggestions. We also benefited from discussions with Hadiye Aslan, Ozgur Demirtas, Armen Hovakimian, Robert Whitelaw, and seminar participants at Baruch College, Graduate School, and University Center of the University of New York, and the 2007 Financial Management Association meetings. We also thank Kenneth French for making a large amount of historical data publicly available in his online data library.
The Conditional Beta and the Cross-Section of Expected Returns
Article first published online: 28 APR 2009
© 2009 Financial Management Association International.
Volume 38, Issue 1, pages 103–137, Spring 2009
How to Cite
Bali, T. G., Cakici, N. and Tang, Y. (2009), The Conditional Beta and the Cross-Section of Expected Returns. Financial Management, 38: 103–137. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2009.01030.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2009
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!