I wish to thank Bill Christie (the Editor), Warren Bailey, Sandra Betton, Christa Bouwman, Arturo Bris, Melanie Cao, Joe Kushner, Richard Lyons, Derek Oler, Thomas Payne, Lynnette Purda, Eric Santor, an anonymous referee, and seminar participants at the 2004 Canadian Economics Association, the 2004 Western Economics Association, 2005 Southwestern Finance Association, 2005 European Financial Management Association, 2005 Northern Finance Association, 2006 RS-De Groote Luncheon Seminar, the University of Calgary, the University of Western Ontario, Queen's University, Wilfrid Laurier University, the Ontario Securities Commission, Market Regulation Services Inc., and the Bank of Canada for many insightful comments on previous drafts of the paper. Maksym Padalko provided excellent research assistance. Wendy Jennings provided editorial assistance. All errors and omissions remain my own.
Prebid Run-Ups Ahead of Canadian Takeovers: How Big Is the Problem?
Article first published online: 25 NOV 2009
© 2009 Financial Management Association International
Volume 38, Issue 4, pages 699–726, Winter 2009
How to Cite
King, M. R. (2009), Prebid Run-Ups Ahead of Canadian Takeovers: How Big Is the Problem?. Financial Management, 38: 699–726. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2009.01053.x
- Issue published online: 25 NOV 2009
- Article first published online: 25 NOV 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!