We wish to thank an anonymous referee and the editor (Bill Christie) for the great criticism and suggestions, and Wendy Jennings and Nancy Macmillan for the wonderful editorial help. We received many valuable comments from Max Bazerman, Lucian Bebchuk, Demian Berchtold, Sabine Boeckem, Ingolf Dittmann, Espen Eckbo, Jean Helwege, Christoph Hinkelmann, Andrew Inkpen, Mike Jensen, David Kelsey, Diego Liechti (especially), John McConnell, Frank Milne, Bob Monks, Ted Moorman, Urs Peyer, Caspar Rose, Carolina Salva, Steve Sharpe, Holger Spamann, Matthew Spiegel, Meir Statman, Mich Tvede, John Wald, Jim Walsh, Dariusz Wojcik, Yin-Hua Yeh, Jonas Zeller, Joachim Zietz, and the participants at the 2008 Conference on Corporate Governance in Birmingham, the 2008 FMA European Conference in Prague, the 2008 EWGFM Meetings in Stockholm, the 2007 FMA Meetings in Orlando, the 2006 Conference on Politics of Corporate Governance in Copenhagen, and the 2005 European Financial Management Symposium on European Corporate Governance in Leeds. We are grateful to Regula Baertschi, Simon Fuhrer, Corina Steiner, and Manuela Strasser for research assistance. This article represents the views of the authors and all errors are ours.
Shareholder Value: Principles, Declarations, and Actions
Version of Record online: 31 MAR 2010
© 2010 Financial Management Association International
Volume 39, Issue 1, pages 5–32, Spring 2010
How to Cite
Loderer, C., Roth, L., Waelchli, U. and Joerg, P. (2010), Shareholder Value: Principles, Declarations, and Actions. Financial Management, 39: 5–32. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2009.01064.x
- Issue online: 31 MAR 2010
- Version of Record online: 31 MAR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!