We wish to thank Bill Christie (the editor) and an anonymous referee for the great criticism and suggestions, and Wendy Jennings and Nancy MacMillan for the wonderful editorial help. We are grateful to the participants in the 2008 CCGR Conference in Oslo, the 2007 European Financial Management Association Meetings in Vienna, the 2007 SGF Conference at the SWX Swiss Exchange in Zurich, the 2007 SSES Annual Meeting at the Universität St. Gallen, the 2007 Campus for Finance Conference at WHU University in Koblenz, the 2006 IFM Conference on Corporate Governance in Family/Unlisted Firms in Thun, and the 2006 BWL Brown Bag Seminar at the Universität Bern for their comments. We also benefited from the thoughtful criticism of Suranjita Mukherjee, Carolina Salvà, Richard Priestley (especially), Øyvind Bøhren, Vladimir Atanosov, Najah Attig, Eliezer M. Fich, Zsuzsanna Fluck, Diego Liechti, Christian Lüthje, John McConnell, Øyvind Norli, Urs Peyer, Stefan Prigge, Lukas Roth, Ulf Schiller, Per Strömberg, and Norbert Thom. We are indebted to Stefan Leuthold, Markus Senn, and Jonas Zeller for research assistance. Financial support from the Swiss National Science Foundation is gratefully acknowledged. This article represents the views of the authors and all errors are ours. An earlier version of this paper entitled “Protecting Minority Investors: Listed versus Unlisted Firms” was published in the ECGI Finance Working Paper series (No. 133/2006).
Protecting Minority Shareholders: Listed versus Unlisted Firms
Article first published online: 31 MAR 2010
© 2010 Financial Management Association International
Volume 39, Issue 1, pages 33–57, Spring 2010
How to Cite
Loderer, C. and Waelchli, U. (2010), Protecting Minority Shareholders: Listed versus Unlisted Firms. Financial Management, 39: 33–57. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2009.01065.x
- Issue published online: 31 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 31 MAR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!