We wish to thank Ginka Borisova and Chuck Chahyadi for their research assistance with this project. We also benefited from comments offered by Tony Boardman, Narjess Boubakri, Maria Boutchkova, Carol Boyer, Bill Christie (the editor), Jean-Claude Cosset, Louis Ederington, Chitru Fernando, Jie Gan, Janya Golubeva, Paul Grout, Claude Laurin, Josh Lerner, Tim Loughran, Rob Nash, Jeff Netter, Jesus Salas, Qian Sun, George Tian, Wilson Tong, Junbo Wang, Stephen Wei, Pradeep Yadav, Wayne Yu, Ania Zalewska, an anonymous referee, and participants in the 2005 World Federation of Exchanges Emerging Markets Conference (Beijing), the 2005 Economics for Prosperity Conference (Johannesburg), the 2006 World Bank Annual Bank Conference on Development Economics (St. Petersburg), the 2006 Privatization of Infrastructure Facilities Conference in Abu Dhabi (UAE), the 2006 European Financial Management Association Meeting (Madrid), and seminar participants at Hong Kong Polytechnic University, the New York Stock Exchange, the University of Bath, the University of London (SOAS), the University of Oklahoma, and Xiamen University (Xiamen, China). Inmoo Lee acknowledges financial support from the National University of Singapore. This manuscript's final revisions were completed while Professor Megginson was the Fulbright Tocqueville Distinguished Chair in American Studies at the Université Paris-Dauphine.
Do Privatization IPOs Outperform in the Long Run?
Article first published online: 31 MAR 2010
© 2010 Financial Management Association International
Volume 39, Issue 1, pages 153–185, Spring 2010
How to Cite
Choi, S.-D., Lee, I. and Megginson, W. (2010), Do Privatization IPOs Outperform in the Long Run?. Financial Management, 39: 153–185. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2010.01069.x
- Issue published online: 31 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 31 MAR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!