This paper is part of my doctorial thesis at the University of British Columbia. I thank Kai Li, Hernan Ortiz-Molina, Alan Kraus, and Ralph Winter for their supervision and invaluable comments. I also thank the anonymous referee, Robert Heinkel, Feng Zhang, Marcin Kacperczyk, Xia Chen, Jie Wei, Carmen Stefanescu, and seminar participants at the University of British Columbia, the 2008 Midwest Finance Association Conference, and the 2008 Northern Finance Association Conference for their helpful suggestions. Adlai Fisher, Murray Carlson, Zhongzhi Song, and Alexandra Boonekamp provided helpful comments on an early analysis of this topic. All errors are mine.
Market Misvaluation, Managerial Horizon, and Acquisitions
Article first published online: 22 JUN 2010
© 2010 Financial Management Association International
Volume 39, Issue 2, pages 833–850, Summer 2010
How to Cite
Gao, H. (2010), Market Misvaluation, Managerial Horizon, and Acquisitions. Financial Management, 39: 833–850. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2010.01094.x
- Issue published online: 22 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 22 JUN 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!