We would like to thank an anonymous referee, Josh Coval, Harold Demsetz, Mara Faccio, Ken French, Josh Lerner, André Perold, Enrico Perotti, Daniel Wolfenzon, Josef Zechner, and seminar participants at the University of Amsterdam, Bentley College, University of California Berkeley, Dartmouth College, Georgetown University, Harvard University, Helsinki School of Economics, Insead, Northeastern University, Northwestern University, Real Colegio Complutense in Cambridge, Wirtschaftsuniversität (WU) Wien, the American Finance Association 2009 Meetings, and the Conference on Corporate Governance in Closely Held Firms in Copenhagen for their comments. We thank Mercedes Boland, Sagit Stern, and Xu (“Henry”) Han for their assistance with the data. Belén Villalonga gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Division of Research at the Harvard Business School. Raphael Amit is grateful for the financial support of the Robert B. Goergen Chair at the Wharton School, the Wharton Global Family Alliance, and the Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research. All errors are our own.
Family Control of Firms and Industries
Article first published online: 16 SEP 2010
© 2010 Financial Management Association International
Volume 39, Issue 3, pages 863–904, Autumn 2010
How to Cite
Villalonga, B. and Amit, R. (2010), Family Control of Firms and Industries. Financial Management, 39: 863–904. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2010.01098.x
- Issue published online: 16 SEP 2010
- Article first published online: 16 SEP 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!