We thank Bill Christie (editor) and the anonymous referee whose comments have significantly helped to improve the paper. We are indebted to Michael Brennan, Harry and Linda DeAngelo, Marie Dutordoir, Mara Faccio, Annalisa Ferrando, Andrea Gamba, Ian Garrett, Marc Goergen, Alessandra Guariglia, John Hutton, Evangelos Kharalambakis, Meziane Lasfer, WeiMin Liu, Kasper Nielsen, Aydin Ozkan, Ser-Huang Poon, Norman Strong, Alex Taylor, Alex Triantis, and Sergey Tsyplakov for helpful discussions. We also thank all the participants in the FIRS 2008, FMA USA 2008, FMA Europe 2008, EFA USA 2007, FMA Europe 2007, EFMA 2006, and FMA USA 2006 “Top Ten Percent” Special Session, and PFN 2006 meetings for their insightful comments. We are also grateful to the participants in the seminar series at European Central Bank, Cass Business School, Manchester Business School, the Nottingham Department of Economics, Sheffield Management School, and the University of Verona for their useful suggestions. Kind help from David Roodman of the Center for Global Development, Roger Walsh of Bureau Van Dijk, Derek Rouse of Hemscott Plc Support Team and Francesco Cerlienco of Reuters is also acknowledged. We are also grateful to Wendy Jennings, Pam Losefsky, and Alison Walters for editorial help. The usual disclaimer applies.
Financial Flexibility, Investment Ability, and Firm Value: Evidence from Firms with Spare Debt Capacity
Article first published online: 6 DEC 2010
© 2010 Financial Management Association International
Volume 39, Issue 4, pages 1339–1365, Winter 2010
How to Cite
Marchica, M.-T. and Mura, R. (2010), Financial Flexibility, Investment Ability, and Firm Value: Evidence from Firms with Spare Debt Capacity. Financial Management, 39: 1339–1365. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2010.01115.x
- Issue published online: 6 DEC 2010
- Article first published online: 6 DEC 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!