We thank Robert Engle, Robert Hansen, Alexander Ljungqvist, Eli Ofek, Jay Ritter, and especially Bill Christie (editor) and an anonymous referee for helpful comments. We appreciate the editorial comments of Anjolein Schmeit and Wendy Jennings. We also thank Victoria Ivashina, Tae-Nyun Kim, Xiawei Liu, Robert Porter, Jun Wang, and Wei Yu for data collection assistance. The second author thanks the Whitcomb Center and the Thomas A. Renyi Chair in Banking at Rutgers Business School for partial financial support. All errors remain our responsibility.
Are Initial Returns and Underwriting Spreads in Equity Issues Complements or Substitutes?
Version of Record online: 6 DEC 2010
© 2010 Financial Management Association International
Volume 39, Issue 4, pages 1403–1423, Winter 2010
How to Cite
Kim, D., Palia, D. and Saunders, A. (2010), Are Initial Returns and Underwriting Spreads in Equity Issues Complements or Substitutes?. Financial Management, 39: 1403–1423. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2010.01117.x
- Issue online: 6 DEC 2010
- Version of Record online: 6 DEC 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!