The authors are indebted to the Hong Kong Institute of Directors for financial support and Charnchai Charuvastr of the Thai Institute of Directors Association for providing technical assistance. We also thank the anonymous referee, Paul Malatesta, Joseph Fan, and participants at the 2008 American Accounting Association meeting, the OECD 2008 Asian Corporate Governance Roundtable, and the 2009 Chulalongkorn University Accounting and Finance Symposium for valuable comments and suggestions. Jiang thanks the University of International Business and Economics for the financial support (211 research grant: Project No. 73100008). We thank Andrew Lau, Cheong Wing Cheung, Ho Ka Ho, Jan Chan, Louise Zhang, and Patrick Tsang for data collection and thank Weiqiang Tan for his excellent research support. Remaining errors are our own.
Does Corporate Governance Predict Future Performance? Evidence from Hong Kong
Article first published online: 21 MAR 2011
© 2011 Financial Management Association International
Volume 40, Issue 1, pages 159–197, Spring 2011
How to Cite
Cheung, Y.-L., Connelly, J. T., Jiang, P. and Limpaphayom, P. (2011), Does Corporate Governance Predict Future Performance? Evidence from Hong Kong. Financial Management, 40: 159–197. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2010.01138.x
- Issue published online: 21 MAR 2011
- Article first published online: 21 MAR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!