The authors would like to thank Palani-Rajan Kadapakkam, Kathy Kahle, Mike Long, David Reeb, Dan Rogers, Lucas Roth, an anonymous referee, and seminar participants at Virginia Tech, the University of California-Riverside, and the 2008 Southern Finance Association Meetings for comments and suggestions. We are also indebted to Roberta Romano for providing her coding of state director liability laws. Mansi acknowledges partial funding from Virginia Tech's summer support. The remaining errors are the sole responsibility of the authors.
Payout Policy with Legal Restrictions
Article first published online: 21 SEP 2011
© 2011 Financial Management Association International
Volume 40, Issue 3, pages 701–732, Fall 2011
How to Cite
Mansi, S. A. and Wald, J. K. (2011), Payout Policy with Legal Restrictions. Financial Management, 40: 701–732. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2011.01158.x
- Issue published online: 21 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 21 SEP 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!