We thank two anonymous referees, Michael Bradley, Alon Brav, Murillo Campello, Bill Christie (Editor), Harry DeAngelo, Laura Field, David Hsieh, Pete Kyle, Mike Lemmon, Antionette Schoar, Dennis Sheehan, Sheri Tice, Mike Weisbach, and seminar participants at Duke, Indiana, Penn State, Tulane, and UCLA for valuable feedback. We acknowledge financial support from the Hartman Center at the Fuqua School of Business. Graham acknowledges financial support from an Alfred P. Sloan Foundation fellowship. Hazarika acknowledges financial support from PSC-CUNY and the Baruch College Fund. Any errors are ours alone.
Financial Distress in the Great Depression
Article first published online: 6 DEC 2011
© 2011 Financial Management Association International
Volume 40, Issue 4, pages 821–844, Winter 2011
How to Cite
Graham, J. R., Hazarika, S. and Narasimhan, K. (2011), Financial Distress in the Great Depression. Financial Management, 40: 821–844. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2011.01163.x
- Issue published online: 6 DEC 2011
- Article first published online: 6 DEC 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!