The authors thank Bill Christie (Editor) and an anonymous referee for helpful comments and suggestions. We also thank Vijay Jog, Shantaram Hegde, Alfred Davis, Frederick Davis, John Doukas, Gulnur Muradoglu, Lamia Chourou, Tatyana Sokolyk, and session participants at the annual meetings of the 2010 Eastern Finance Association and the 2010 European Financial Management Association for helpful discussion and comments. We are grateful to Michael Whitehead and Salvatore Selvaggio for their research assistance. The authors appreciate the editorial assistance provided by Linda A. Baker, Meghan Nesmith, and Wendy S. Jennings. H. Kent Baker acknowledges financial support from the Kogod School of Business at American University. Shantanu Dutta appreciates generous financial support from the University of Ontario Institute of Technology and Canada's Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC). Part of this research was conducted while Samir Saadi was visiting Stern School of Business, New York University. We are responsible for any errors.
Are Good Performers Bad Acquirers?
Version of Record online: 28 MAR 2012
© 2012 Financial Management Association International.
Volume 41, Issue 1, pages 95–118, Spring 2012
How to Cite
Baker, H. K., Dutta, S., Saadi, S. and Zhu, P. (2012), Are Good Performers Bad Acquirers?. Financial Management, 41: 95–118. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2012.01179.x
- Issue online: 28 MAR 2012
- Version of Record online: 28 MAR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!