The study greatly benefited from comments of two anonymous referees, Brad Barber, Hank Bessembinder, Ben Blau, Marcus Brunnermeier, Bill Christie (Editor), Ken Cyree, Kathleen Fuller, Lisa Kramer, Mark Lipson, Fabricio Perez, Robert Schwartz, Bill Shughart, Richard Warr, Adam Yore, and seminar/session participants at the 2009 Napa Conference on Financial Markets Research, 2008 American Finance Association Annual Meeting, 2007 RS-DeGroote Conference on Market Structure and Market Integrity, 2007 Northern Finance Association Annual Meeting, 2007 Financial Management Association Annual Meeting, 2006 FMA Doctoral Student Consortium, The Bank of Canada, Florida International University, Louisiana State University, the University of Memphis, the University of Mississippi, Mississippi State University, and Wilfrid Laurier University. Shkilko would like to acknowledge financial support from The NASDAQ Educational Foundation and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC). All remaining errors are our responsibility.
Short Selling and Intraday Price Pressures
Article first published online: 4 APR 2012
© 2012 Financial Management Association International.
Volume 41, Issue 2, pages 345–370, Summer 2012
How to Cite
Shkilko, A., Van Ness, B. and Van Ness, R. (2012), Short Selling and Intraday Price Pressures. Financial Management, 41: 345–370. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2012.01189.x
- Issue published online: 6 JUN 2012
- Article first published online: 4 APR 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1Does Short Selling Amplify Price Declines or Align Stocks with Their Fundamental Values?, Management Science, 2014, 60, 9, 2324, ,
- 2Information transfers and learning in financial markets: Evidence from short selling around insider sales, Journal of Banking & Finance, 2013, 37, 5, 1560, ,
- 3Short Selling and the Price Discovery Process, Review of Financial Studies, 2013, 26, 2, 287, ,
- 5Worldwide reach of short selling regulations, Journal of Financial Economics, 2013, 109, 1, 177, , , ,