The study greatly benefited from comments of two anonymous referees, Brad Barber, Hank Bessembinder, Ben Blau, Marcus Brunnermeier, Bill Christie (Editor), Ken Cyree, Kathleen Fuller, Lisa Kramer, Mark Lipson, Fabricio Perez, Robert Schwartz, Bill Shughart, Richard Warr, Adam Yore, and seminar/session participants at the 2009 Napa Conference on Financial Markets Research, 2008 American Finance Association Annual Meeting, 2007 RS-DeGroote Conference on Market Structure and Market Integrity, 2007 Northern Finance Association Annual Meeting, 2007 Financial Management Association Annual Meeting, 2006 FMA Doctoral Student Consortium, The Bank of Canada, Florida International University, Louisiana State University, the University of Memphis, the University of Mississippi, Mississippi State University, and Wilfrid Laurier University. Shkilko would like to acknowledge financial support from The NASDAQ Educational Foundation and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC). All remaining errors are our responsibility.
Short Selling and Intraday Price Pressures
Article first published online: 4 APR 2012
© 2012 Financial Management Association International.
Volume 41, Issue 2, pages 345–370, Summer 2012
How to Cite
Shkilko, A., Van Ness, B. and Van Ness, R. (2012), Short Selling and Intraday Price Pressures. Financial Management, 41: 345–370. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2012.01189.x
- Issue published online: 6 JUN 2012
- Article first published online: 4 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!