I am indebted to Franklin Allen, William Greene, Lawrence White, David Yermack, and Bernard Yeung for their valuable guidance. I would like to thank an anonymous referee, Bill Christie (Editor), Adam Brandenburger, Ulrike Malmendier, Thomas Pugel, Jay Ritter, Joao Santos, Philip Strahan, Geofrey Tate, Laura Veldkamp, and Paul Wachtel. This paper largely benefited from suggestions by participants at the NYU Financial Economics Workshop (2003), the Transatlantic Conference at the London Business School (2004), the CFS Summer School on Empirical Banking and Corporate Finance (2005), the FMA Doctoral Student Seminar (2006), and the Brandeis University Research Seminar (2007). I acknowledge financial support from the Ford Foundation and research assistance by Ms. Saoni Sen. All errors and omissions are my own.
Monitoring by Affiliated Bankers on Board of Directors: Evidence from Corporate Financing Outcomes
Article first published online: 24 APR 2012
© 2012 Financial Management Association International.
Volume 41, Issue 3, pages 665–702, Fall 2012
How to Cite
Sisli-Ciamarra, E. (2012), Monitoring by Affiliated Bankers on Board of Directors: Evidence from Corporate Financing Outcomes. Financial Management, 41: 665–702. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2012.01191.x
- Issue published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 24 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!