Seung Hun Han is an Assistant Professor of Finance at KAIST in Daejeon, Korea. Michael S. Pagano is the Robert J. and Mary Ellen Darretta Endowed Chair in Finance at Villanova University in Villanova, PA. Yoon S. Shin is an Assistant Professor of Finance at Loyola University Maryland in Baltimore, MD.
Rating Agency Reputation, the Global Financial Crisis, and the Cost of Debt
Version of Record online: 13 SEP 2012
© 2012 Financial Management Association International.
Volume 41, Issue 4, pages 849–884, Winter 2012
How to Cite
Han, S. H., Pagano, M. S. and Shin, Y. S. (2012), Rating Agency Reputation, the Global Financial Crisis, and the Cost of Debt. Financial Management, 41: 849–884. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2012.01204.x
We are especially thankful to the Bill Christie (Editor), an anonymous referee, Bruce Lehmann, Jean Helwege, Chester Spatt, and other participants at the 2010 Credit Ratings Workshop of the NBER, the 2010 Financial Management Association meeting, and the 2011 Asian Meeting of the Econometric Society for their helpful comments and suggestions. We gratefully acknowledge financial support from the 2009 Sellinger Summer Research Grant at Loyola University Maryland, Daejoen City and the Graduate School of Innovation and Technology Management at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST).
- Issue online: 27 NOV 2012
- Version of Record online: 13 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!