Stefano Gatti is the Director of BSc in Economics and Finance at Bocconi University in Milan, Italy. Stefanie Kleimeier is an Associate Professor of Finance in the School of Business and Economics at Maastricht University in Maastricht, The Netherlands. William L. Megginson is a Professor in the Price College of Business at The University of Oklahoma in Norman, OK. Alessandro Steffanoni is the Head of Project Finance at Meliorbanca Spa, Corporate Division, in Milano, Italy.
Arranger Certification in Project Finance
Article first published online: 31 JUL 2012
© 2012 Financial Management Association International.
Volume 42, Issue 1, pages 1–40, Spring 2013
How to Cite
Gatti, S., Kleimeier, S., Megginson, W. and Steffanoni, A. (2013), Arranger Certification in Project Finance. Financial Management, 42: 1–40. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2012.01210.x
We thank Ginka Borisova, Veljko Fotak, Lucia Di Croce, and Alberto Sosso for research assistance with this project. We also benefited from comments offered by Bill Christie (Editor), Mark Carey, Ian Cooper, Mansoor Dailami, Tiago Duarte-Silva, Louis Ederington, Antonio Estache, Chitru Fernando, Emilia Garcia-Appendini, Blaise Gadanecz, Paul Grout, Issam Hallak, Robert Hauswald, Christa Hainz, Nadia Massoud, Raphael Markellos, Rajesh Narayanan, Giovanna Nicodano, Dayanand Pandey, Alberto Pozzolo, Andrea Resti, Francesco Saita, Caroline Schmidt, Andrea Sironi, Marco Sorge, Javier Suarez, Krishnamurthy Subramanian, Florin Vasvari, Ania Zalewska, Allen Zebedee, two anonymous referees and, especially, Ben Esty. We also thank participants in the XV International ‘Tor Vergata’ Conference on Banking and Finance (Rome), the 2006 Centre for Market and Public Organisation Workshop on Privatisation and Partnership, the 2007 Institute of Financial Markets and Intermediaries Research Seminars at Bocconi University, the 5th International Business Research Conference in Dubai, the 2007 INFINITI Conference in Dublin, the EFMA 2007 Annual Conference in Wien, the FMA 2007 Annual Conference in Orlando, the 2007 Australasian Finance and Banking Conference in Sydney, the EFA 2008 Annual Conference in Athens, the FMA 2010 Annual European Conference in Hamburg, and seminar participants at the University of Bristol, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, the University of Bath, the University of New Orleans, Erasmus University, the Manchester Business School, the Helsinki School of Economics, the École Supérieure des Sciences Économiques et Commerciales [ESSEC], the Université Paris Dauphine, and the “Financial Intermediaries and Markets at the Cross Roads” workshop at the University of Amsterdam (September 2008). This manuscript was revised while Bill Megginson was the Fulbright Tocqueville Distinguished Chair in American Studies at the Université Paris-Dauphine. The financial support of the Fulbright Commission is gratefully acknowledged.
- Issue published online: 5 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 31 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!