Hsuan-Chi Chen is an Associate Professor of Finance at the Anderson School of Management, University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, NM. Sheng-Syan Chen is a Professor of Finance at the College of Management, National Taiwan University in Taipei, Taiwan. Chia-Wei Huang is an Assistant Professor of Finance at the College of Management, Yuan Ze University in Chung-Li, Taiwan.
Why Do Insiders Sell Shares Following IPO Lockups?
Article first published online: 4 SEP 2012
© 2012 Financial Management Association International.
Volume 41, Issue 4, pages 813–847, Winter 2012
How to Cite
Chen, H.-C., Chen, S.-S. and Huang, C.-W. (2012), Why Do Insiders Sell Shares Following IPO Lockups?. Financial Management, 41: 813–847. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2012.01217.x
The authors wish to thank an anonymous referee, Bill Christie (Editor), Yufen Fu, Jay Ritter, Hsiu-Chuan Yeh, and seminar participants at National Chiao Tung University, National Taiwan University, Yuan Ze University, and the 2010 meetings of Taiwan Finance Association for their valuable comments and Wenchun Lin for her capable research assistance. Hsuan-Chi Chen gratefully acknowledges support from the National Science Council of Taiwan while he was at Yuan Ze University and support from the Anderson School of Management at the University of New Mexico. Sheng-Syan Chen gratefully acknowledges financial support from Excellent Research Projects of National Taiwan University. The authors also gratefully acknowledge the editing assistance of Marni Elci and Wendy Jennings.
- Issue published online: 27 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 4 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!